The winter solstice is December 21st, the official shortest day of the year. My birthday comes next, December 22nd. I always find it funny when someone feels sorry for me about my birth date. Yes, I’m considered a Christmas baby but trust me, I have never suffered because of this. For as many birthdays as I can remember I have never shared a celebration with the holiday that comes three days later. My day has always been my day. Presents only in birthday paper, never Christmas paper. Gifts galore. I’m spoiled.
When Robbie from Fractured Family Tales picked this weeks topic, Birthdays, I thought it would be fun to see who else out there shares their birthday with me. One Google search and the list falls below. I may now have something to feel sorry about for my birthday given the weak celebrity pool I had to choose from for this list. Or maybe I just need to become famous!
1.Diane Sawyer — TV news anchor
2. Jordin Sparks — singer, American Idol winner
3. Jan Stephenson — LPGA golfer, won 16 tours and 20 events overall
4. Luther Campbell (Luke) — rap artist, 2 Live Crew
5. Robin and Maurice Gibb — Members of the Bee Gees
6. Gene Rayburn — hosted the Match Game and other gameshows
7. Barbara Billingsley — the infamous June Cleaver, mom on Leave it to Beaver
8. Lady Bird Johnson — Lyndon Johnson’s first lady
9. Abigail Adams — 2nd first lady
10. Billie Jean King — tennis pro