Tag in grade school was something I did not look forward to. I was not particularly ‘athletic’ and I hated being it almost as much as I hated losing. Not a good combination.
In the last couple of days I’ve been the recipient of a much different version of tag. I’m happy to say that being ‘it’ is much more fun this way!
Ado from The Momalog and Shannon from mynewfavoriteday tagged me in the 11 questions game! Basically they get tagged, answer 11 questions from the tagger, come up with their own 11 questions and tag 11 other bloggers! Since I was tagged twice I technically have 22 questions to answer. I decided to pick my favorites and go with it. You can find all of their questions at Ado’s place and Shannon’s place — both of which you should definitely check out just because!
Let’s get this party started…
1.Since we are playing tag, what was your favorite playground game from childhood? As I said earlier I’m not athletic but very competitive, not a good playground combination for my psyche. If I had to pick my favorite it would probably be dodgeball because I could easily hang out in the back pretending to participate but not really.
2. What is the last vacation you went on, where did you go and who with? I just survived a long weekend in San Diego and Las Vegas with my sisters, my parents and an old friend. I still haven’t gotten my voice back. It’s still hanging out at the Piano Bar at Harrah’s I think.
3. Ever had a scary parenting moment? Scariest parenting moment is also the scariest thing that’s ever happened to me. Princess B was hospitalized with RSV when she was less than 7 weeks old. I’ve been working on that post in my head for months. It makes my chest tight and hands shake just thinking about it. She’s a scrapper though and if you saw her in person today you’d be shocked she was the sick little baby back then.
4. Something besides your children that you are proud of. Easy. My Babe. There are so many reasons but for now I’ll just say this. He is always always trying to better himself. He has a million great ideas and will spend real honest energy on them. The proud part. He’s trying to better himself for me, for his children, for our family. Not for him or his own self worth but for us.
5. What’s in your fridge? 4 gallons of milk (2 whole, 2 skim), eggs, various dressings and condiments, yogurt, potatoes, apples, blueberries, grapes, raviolis, cheese, cottage cheese, a variety of beer.
6. What’s your best kid’s riddle or joke?
Knock Knock. Who’s there? Woo. Woo Who? What are you so excited about?
Babe claims he made this up himself this weekend. It kills me.
7. Do you make your bed every day? Do your kids make theirs? Why/why not? Yes. At some point in my ‘adult’ life my favorite magazine ran a piece on little things you could do to take control of your day. That was one of them and since then I’ve made it everyday. If it’s not made I feel all icky and blah. Biggest baby boy is reminded to make his, I usually do the sheet for him while he’s eating breakfast and his job is to finish it. I make middle-mans. I like made beds. I have to say though that my bed consists of a sheet, down comforter in the winter and a basic comforter. Pillows without matching pillowcases. That’s it. It does not have ten pillows and shams of various shades, textures, patterns. Those are pretty but don’t work for my life.
8. What is the last vacation you went on, where did you go and who with? I just survived a long weekend in San Diego and Las Vegas with my sisters, my parents and an old friend. I still haven’t gotten my voice back. It’s still hanging out at the Piano Bar at Harrah’s I think.
9. If you were going on an overnight trip and could only pack 5 things, what would you bring? My phone fully charged, wine, my toothbrush, my facewash (that I won’t use), and a comfy sweatshirt for ride home.
10. Best piece of advice for a new blogger, go! Try new things, link up with people, comment, share, keep it fun. When it feels like work, walk away for a bit and come back when you miss it and the people you met.
11. When was the last time you laughed outloud? Tonight, reading some Dinosaur Dr. Seuss book.
Babe to Middle-man: Are you an herbivore or a carnivore.
Middle-man: hmmmm…I’m a turkey.
Now the fun part, I get to be it!
Here are the rules:
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
Let each blogger know that you have tagged them.
Tag, you’re it…
Greta from Not Enough Patience, Never Enough Jewelry
Stasha from The Good Life
Meg from Pressure Cooker
Natalie from Mommy of a Monster
Kim from G is Silent
Anna from The Mommy Padawan
Ryan from The Woven Moments
Kimberly from Sperk
Galit from These Little Waves
Ali from Sprinkles and Sprogs
Jen from Jen Has a Pen
1 — What’s the best concert you’ve seen?
2 — What are the must have pizza toppings?
3 — What’s your identifying mark… think Goldie Hawn in Overboard.
4 — When and what makes you feel pretty?
5 — What’s your favorite meal of the day?
6 — Do you clean your house before your Mom comes to visit? Why or why not?
7 — What was your first car?
8 — When you finally grow up, what do you want to do?
9 — If you lived just by yourself, with no one else to care for what would you have for dinner?
10 — You’ve just been offered an all expenses paid trip to anywhere with anyone — where are you going and who are you taking?
11 — What is your favorite quote?
On your mark. Get set. Go.